Info Click Icon
The Tip is 'Don't procrastinate'
For years I've been buying ink jet cartridges from a big box office supply store. These cartridges were made overseas and labeled with the well-known brand of a large American printer company.
One I remembered a local store that advertised quality cartridges. I had traveled by this local store hundreds of times but never stopped. This time I stopped at the local store. To my surprise I discovered that they carried the cartridge I needed and it was a Made in USA cartridge. Made in Chicago, to be precise, and it was half the price of the imported ones I had been buying for years. The quality is exceptional and they last longer too. Who knew?
After that experience, I make a point to stop at every store I can. By doing so, I've been finding more and more Made in America products. Occasionally the clerks don't know the country of origin; this can be discouraging but finding the origin information yourself isn't difficult I've come to realize.
Believe it not, there are actually a number of computers made in the US including laptops made in the USA.
When the label is not visibly displayed I use the other Made in America buying tips to help me find Made in US. If the store doesn't carry what you are looking for, use Made in America Secrets to find it and tell the manager about your experience at their store. If enough people are asking for Made in America products stores will begin to carry them.
Buying Tip Continued - Read more on Made in America Products by Global Thread Collective
Welcome to Global Thread's collective of artwork curated and submitted from artists representing 29 countries on 6 different continents, manually printed on chosen apparel using organic cotton and water-based inks. Global Thread's roots began in the mid 2000's with a vision of creating a unique system of clothing utilizing progressive 21st century knowledge and application.
DON'T PANIC, IT'S ORGANIC:
Currently approximately 80% of our product is made of organic cotton. Supporting organic cotton farms is vital to the long term sustainability and health of life on our planet. Help us fill up the remaining 20% by sending us info about companies who make organic clothing. The availability is scarce. Lets bring up the supply by creating a demand.
Yes, the package used to mail the threads is made of biodegradable plant matter. And yes, the tape used in production is made with natural adhesives. Use open source.
ARTISTS - GET INVOLVED:
Many different types of artists are featured on the Global Thread and their work originates from all mediums. Don't fret if you're not a graphic software guru. Scan drawings, photograph paintings, whatever. If you can get us something to work with the possibilities are usually vast and we can either make it happen or point you in the right direction. Use open source software, check out INKSCAPE and GIMP.
Size Charts: Anvil Organic Short Sleeve
American Apparel Short Sleeve American Apparel Long Sleeve
American Apparel V-Neck
Global Thread ships orders within 10 business days, excluding holidays. During holidays, please allow up to 5 extra days. Your items are not sitting on a shelf when you place the order. Materials are ordered, received, printed, then shipped. Be stoked and order early!
Returns and exchanges will be accepted if the item is returned in its original, unused condition within 30 days. After 30 days, you will receive credit minus the shipping for future purchases. Don't forget to use the returnable original packaging if possible.
Please remember that each piece is printed by hand, no automatic machines printing 1000's of identical items per hour. There are humans manually pulling a squeegee over a tricked out stencil on a hand set cotton piece. We do our best for quality control, but consider each item a one-of-a-kind where nothing is reproduced identically. Darker pigment or random coloring usually washes out with time and adds to it's uniqueness.